- How To Mix Essential Oils With Water For Diffusers - 11/07/2021
- What Do Singing Bowls Do? - 18/06/2021
- What Materials Absorb Essential Oils? - 12/06/2021
If you’ve ever struggled with insomnia or had any trouble sleeping, you’ve probably come across suggestions that pure Lavender essential oil can help.
But you may be asking yourself is this true or is Lavender oil just another fad…?
Well, let’s take a look…
What The Research Studies Say About Lavender And Sleep
For example, a 2005 study looked at how lavender essential oil affected 31 young, healthy sleepers.
The researchers behind this study found that lavender increased the amount of slow-and deep-wave sleep in the participants.
But can lavender really help with conditions like insomnia or anxiety?
Well, right now there haven’t been enough studies to show this conclusively, so we’d always suggest speaking to your doctor first about any pre-existing conditions, but it’s a potential natural remedy to try.
How To Use Lavender To Help You Sleep Better
Want to give lavender a shot at improving your life and get a better night’s sleep?
Here are a few different ideas to try out:
- Try applying a few drops of lavender oil on your pajamas before you get into bed.
- Kit out your bedroom with pure lavender oil and an oil diffuser that you can use an hour or so before bed as a natural aromatherapy treatment.
- Put a few drops of lavender oil on your pillow before you go to sleep at night.
- Try taking a nice warm bath before bed with a few drops of lavender oil. Maybe even get some candles to really set the mood ????
Essential Oil Diffuser Blend Recipes For Sleep
There are a number of essential oils that have been known to help with relaxation and sleep. Here are a few blends you can use in your diffuser to help you get to sleep at night:
2 drops Lavender, 2 drops Cedarwood, 1 drop Vetiver
2 drops Petitgrain, 2 drops Frankincense, 1 drop Sandalwood
REST AND RECOVER:
3 drops Lemongrass, 2 drops Juniper, 2 drops Bergamot
3 drops Ylang Ylang, 2 drops Lavender, 1 drop Bergamot
Here’s an easy list of the recipes below. Feel free to save it or add it to your Pinterest board to come back to.
Other Ways To Improve Your Quality Of Sleep
As with most things in life, there are usually other factors at play that could be affecting your sleep. Here are a few other ideas to use in conjunction with your nighttime lavender oil:
- Switch off your electronic devices an hour before bed or consider using a blue light filter. The blue light found in phone screens and other devices like TV’s can interfere with your body’s Melatonin production. Melatonin is a chemical your brain produces that regulates sleep.
- Don’t take too much caffeine after midday.
- Try to eat earlier in the evening, so your body isn’t working too hard to digest the food when you’re trying to sleep.
- Getting outside in nature and basking in the early morning light has actually been shown to improve sleep quality. That’s because natural light can help to regulate your body’s internal clock.